Affordable (sliding scale for fees) professional counseling services for adults, couples, and teenagers at the Samitivej Srinakarin Hospital, 488 Srinakarin Rd., Suanluang, Bangkok 10250 – Telephone: +66 (0) 2022-2222 – Google Maps address:
Experienced – Professional – USA Licensed – Psychologically knowledgeable – Confidential – Culturally sensitive – Teach psychology and practice psychotherapy –
Affordable fees are on a sliding scale from 1500 Baht to 3000 Baht per 55 minutes that is based on a person’s monthly income.
With each person I work with, we try together to get to the heart of the person’s concern(s). I try to provide an understanding of the concern(s) and practical solutions to their concern(s).
I understand the importance of confidentiality, especially in the small expatriate community. I have provided counseling services in 3 countries – in California, USA, 1992-1999, in Kyoto, Japan, 1999-2015, and in Thailand since my arrival here in June, 2015. My approach is integrative of the whole person – aiming to work with body, mind, spirit, relationships, and cultural issues as is needed according to the person or people. To do this I blend my Western psychology training (Gestalt, somatic, psychoanalytic, couple and family systems, cognitive-behavioral, solution-focused) with my Asian training (Buddhist meditation, yoga, Tai Chi, Japanese psychotherapies Morita and Naikan) with the goal of providing each person or people optimal psychotherapy. . Individual issues that I have worked with include depression, anxiety and phobias, anger, impulse control, stress, substance abuse and sexual addiction, eating disorders, relationship difficulties, cultural challenges, trauma, grief, life transitions, and personal growth.
Research on cross-cultural relationship adaptation – I am active in cross-cultural research that is relevant for people in cross-cultural situations. Currently I am working on a project examining what sustains Asian-Western long-term relationships. The focus is on how people adapt to Asian values and ideas of committed relationships. If you are a member of an Asian-Western relationship and are willing to be interviewed about relationship adaptation, please contact me.
* Fees are on a sliding scale based on monthly income, starting at 1500 Baht per 55 minutes. The highest fee is 3000 Baht per 55 minutes.
* Phone and Skype counseling is available for people living at a distance from Bangkok
* Teaching psychology at the Graduate School of Psychology, Hua Mak campus, Assumption University, Bangkok – http://www.counseling.au.edu/
* Workshops, Seminars, and Lectures on Cross-Cultural Issues
* Research on Integrating Cross-Cultural Research and Psychotherapy
* Research and Writing on the Psychology of Zen Buddhism and Daoism
* Cross-Cultural Counseling Service serves the goals of increasing international understanding and cooperation, improving relationships between people, helping people with the psychological challenges of living in a cross-cultural milieu, integrating the wisdom of Asia with Western psychology, and broadening psychology so that psychotherapy can be of service to more diverse and larger numbers of people around the world.
California (USA) Marriage and Family Therapist license # MFC 35774 (www.bbs.ca.gov)
Hawaii (USA) Marriage and Family Therapist license # 75 (www.ehawaiigov.org/serv/pvl)